Tuesday, November 07, 2006

SOLD


SOLD TO A MR DESPARIL.


Will be personally delivered in December (I’ll be migrating south by 1st December 2006. Confirm! Des, I left the frame without hooks so you can choose to hv it horizontal or vertical. Sorry for the poor photo quality, used the phone - camera takdak, tuan dia mintak balik)

Can’t believe am actually going back to the city.

Things am not looking forward to:
- Traffic (at least when there’s a grid lock on the bridge, I can ogle at the huge Aussies fixing the bridge cables or just stare out at the sea)
- Exorbitant parking fees
- Public transportation ( have not used it for the last 7 years)
- How everything just bleeding cost more

Things am looking forward to:
………err...can someone help me here..?


Things am not going to miss:
- Ah Beng Central
- People who insist on speaking Hokkien to me and look at me funny when I reply in English or Malay AND expect an explanation ( because my total vocab of the dialect is 25 max, lah people!!)
- Girls who find no issue in flashing their hairy armpits and butt cracks in public
- Managers who do not know the difference between “bottom line” & “bottle neck”

Things am going to miss:
- Free parking
- The food
- The food
- The food
- The food

I’ve been given an early release due to some bull crap “sensitivity” issue between my former employer and my future employer (but I’m not complaining).
So what does one do when one is leaving the island and has 4 weeks to kill?

Go on a makan spree, what else?

The list so far:

1. Mee Goreng Mamak Hameed PATA
2. Ikan Bawal Goreng Kg Tok Kangar
3. Green House’s Sticky Date Puding on Muntri St.
4. Che Ros’ Mee Udang at Teluk Kumbar
5. Sunday Brunch at the E&O’s Sarkies
6. Kelawei’s Kari Kepala Ikan
7. Nasi Kandar Hameediah
8. Briyani at that place next to the spice merchant in Little India (can’t recall the restaurant’s name now)

I’m being a tad too ambituous there maybe, so will see how many I can tick off the list after 2 weeks before I add on more to it. Anyone fancy being my makan partner just give me a buzz, stuffing my face alone is not as satisfying :)

12 Comments:

Blogger Desparil said...

can kirim that nasi kandar ah?

Tue Nov 07, 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

can..can.. kuah taroh asing ka?

Tue Nov 07, 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger gravtkills said...

i hv been goin to nasi kandar hameediah since i was a baby

Wed Nov 08, 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Desparil said...

yes please.

tq.

Wed Nov 08, 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

GK:
Sad thing is, dah berkali2 i carik itu Hameediah, tak jumpa2 kat Campbell St. tu, i keep driving tru that lane without finding it... kenot finddd!!! must find it b4 i leave town..
btw, hang kecik2 hirup kuah dhal as babyfood ka? hehehe

Des: Better still, hang mai sini ja lah, temankan i pi carik that restaurant..LOL

Wed Nov 08, 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Leen AshBurn said...

Resaksa: Hameediah is a wee shop yang at pedestrial erm lanes thing dekat2 Rasta (or something yang market jual jeruk2 tu) kan? Sedap gila man. That one kuah tinggal 1 sudu dalam pinggan pun boleh nak tapau balik cicah roti.

Oooooh I love the mee udang kat teluk kumbaq. Whattabout mi sotong padang kota, hi-tea at E&O and, and, and seafood at teluk tempoyak!!

OK I so need to head there soon, man.

Wed Dec 13, 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

Leen:

yup, thats the one.
& mi sotong pdg kota tu is mi goreng Hameed PATA la.. hehe

naik la kapai trebang merah tu hah.
la ni kan ada offer - KUL-PEN one-way at RM5.
apa lagi...pi! jangan tak pi

Wed Dec 13, 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Leen AshBurn said...

Ooh tatau lak nama betul dia Hameed PATA heh. I dowan to pay for my trip, I want my kompeni to pay hehe (sebab HQ kek sana), dapat duduk bermalas-malasan kat hotel best2 and kapai terbang yang serve air pres oren free (tapi takde payung kecik and background musik richard clayderman la hehe).

Wed Dec 13, 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

Er..his name is Hameed la..the PATA tag tu am not sure how he got it la.
Yup, my all time fav mee goreng mamak style.

HQ kat PEN? That's rare, either u work for the kilang jeruk or an electronics manufacturer.
If you go on kompeni's tab, book City Bayview lah, dekat all the makan places.
Just across the road to the E&O (high tea tak sedap mana la, I just go there to feel like a tai-tai sekejap)and that sup tulang place on the Penang Rd end.

Kapalterbang Merah tu okay what..can eat mee maggie on board lagi..LOL

Wed Dec 13, 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger waffles said...

hello? anybody home? yoohoo..

Sun Apr 01, 01:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah! still got people come here one ah..he he
still can't get connected fm my new place lah yang..sabor je lah

raksaksahibernate
(pass word pun dah lupa)

Wed Apr 04, 01:42:00 PM  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

OMG...lapaq dah ni...

Tue May 08, 12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home