Friday, June 09, 2006

Nostalgia



I started this draw-o-blog in hopes that it will keep me practicing and improve. I have no formal training whatsoever so I was hoping to gather tips, critique and such, or just an excuse to have a blog at best.

I am pleasantly surprised that some of the drawings seem to bring deeper meaning to some, rather then just being a ‘nice’ piece. I received an email from a dear friend that the Cupcake on Baskin Robbins paper bag brought fond memories for him as he proposed to his wife in that particular polka-dotted ice cream parlor. I am also very happy that by drawing again and sharing my doodles with him, we learn so much more about each other. Seems there is a lot we do not know despite being friends for over 11years already.

Anyway, proposing in an ice cream parlor?! I’d never thought of him to be such a romantic bugger heh heh..but it just says a lot about my friend, he actually took leave yesterday from work just so he could take his two small daughters to the premier of Cars. They are so lucky to have such a cool dad.



Note to ZZ: if you are reading this, I know I am going to get a ribbing from you for my corny gushing about S. tapi tak kesah, sebab dah berbakui-bakui aku kena dari hangpa bedua :P


note on painting: my first attempt with acrylic, i still prefer the vibrant shades of the oil pastels. maybe i need to go shopping again, i've got only 5 tubes of acrylic..

14 Comments:

Blogger Desparil said...

mmmm.. the tiles the couple are on reminds me of MJ's music video.. billie jean.

Fri Jun 09, 03:34:00 PM  
Blogger Lily G said...

hmm...for someone who's not trained..you are good.

I know wot you mean about blogging. It started off as a lark for me. Somewhere a long the line, it became rather therapeutic especially when I write about the past..teringat balik cita cita yang dah lama tak ingat.

Lily, the reformed tart.

Sun Jun 11, 09:06:00 PM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

Des: yeah, it does doesn't it. on this computer screen it looks like those 80's discos' dancefloor pulak.

BTB: yup, i agree, it should have been lighter. it was blue 1st but i didn't like the fluorescent look.
now it's too dark. thanks! :)

Lily: reformed tart?? kueh apa tu?
hehe, silly jokes aside, yes it can be therapeutic. :)

Sun Jun 11, 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

BTB: woit! hang kutuk mah sistah?
siap la hang, nanti dia mai tabuh cukup2 :P

Mon Jun 12, 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Lily G said...

*tumpang lalu*

BTB: Admit it. You're jealous. You're married can only shag one person for the rest of your life while I can shag the whole England team (except rooney and crouch) if I want to. Dah..gi nangis kat corner.

Tue Jun 13, 12:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi RB! Lama tak mai sini. Date in August nak? (Sebenarnya saya ada udang di sebalik Mee Udang Sg Dua, nak pow ler tu he he he)

Tue Jun 13, 09:29:00 AM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

TTG: I think my blog has an indentity crisis..an art blog wannabe & a closet food addict kot..hehe

Lily: pengantin baru la katakan..he he, dia eksyen bukan main..

Atenah: TEN! TEN! TEN! ingatkan dah tak mau balik dah dia...he he. Off course boleh!
nanti ym saya atau email lah. I'm looking forward to meeting you and hearing about your project. :)
ps. Saya dok pi gak rumah awak, saja tak tegoq ja..:)

Tue Jun 13, 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger [V]landa said...

this my my ultimate favourite piece!!

can i have this in life size?
nak gantung at my new place :)

Wed Jun 14, 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

ylanda: off course you can dear. i'm immensely flattered that you want it :)
tapi nak life size susah la, have to blow it up..LOL

Wed Jun 14, 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

Trying to sound like I know what I'm talking abt - I like the dark shade of the hedge. Gives a foreboding tone for what lies in store for the couple in the future.
The absence of facial features allows us to overlay our adjudication of perceived desire.
Amboi...macam real aja. But very congenial piece. Keep it up, cookie!

Thu Jun 15, 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

No worries...half the time I don’t know what I’m babbling about either :)
We’re not some high-falutin’ art-farts here pun…unsophisticated conteng2 jer

“The absence of facial features allows us to overlay our adjudication of perceived desire.” <- WHOA!! You just put in words what I felt and could not articulate. I am impressed!

“congenial piece” hehehehehe…that’s just to avoid the word “nice”..you sure know how to tickle me lah, mister.

Thu Jun 15, 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger [V]landa said...

how big is it, exactly?
i really like the piece and can already imagine it on my wall :)

Thu Jun 15, 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

it's about 22x26 cm. if you want it bigger, we'll try to make a print then, ok? :)

Thu Jun 15, 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger [V]landa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Jun 21, 05:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home