Friday, April 28, 2006

Illustration Friday - Robot


I'm very late on this theme as I wanted to do something less organic with TwistedBrush, but was slowed down as my desktop dies on me every hour or so due to the faulty cpu fan.

Robots are as common as cars when one works in a manufacturing plant. I pass by them daily not knowing what their actual function is as I am not an engineer. But I do believe robots will soon, very soon, be common in our homes. It’s the only way to go.

We used to have a robot “runner” in this plant, to run documents and little packages between departments and work stations. She runs on batteries I think, and navigates by a magnetic strip on the floor along her route. Unfortunately, Malaysians being Malaysians, some workers found it amusing to give her a kick whenever she comes along down her route. You see, she has censors that will stop her in her tracks and trigger a female voice recording that goes “Excuse me! Excuse me!” if an obstacle is in front of her. So now the robot is replaced by a HUMAN.

Sigh! So much for moving ahead with technology!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home